Solar electricity advantages.
There are many advantages of solar electricity and very few disadvantages. Below are the main benefits:
- Sunlight is free! It doesn’t rely on the purchase of raw materials, unlike other energy providers. Solar panels, after the initial cost of the product and installation, will save you money on electricity bills and by generating electricity which can be sold back to the grid. Alternatively excess production can be stored for use at a later time. (Click here for further information on battery storage options). All of our solar panels are provided with a manufacturers guarantee.
- It is environmentally friendly and doesn’t add emissions to our already over-polluted ecosystem. Unlike most other sources of energy (such as fossil fuels and coal) it doesn’t rely on the extradition of materials from the earth. The environmental impact of the construction and manufacture of solar panels is negligible compared to the burning of fossil fuels. In 2013, UK net emissions of carbon dioxide were provisionally estimated to be 464.3 million tonnes (Mt).
- As there are no moving parts to a solar panel system, no noise pollution is emitted. This makes them ideal for residential and business premises.
- Reliability. The source of energy is never likely to fail you and the products we use to convert this energy are of the highest quality. Solar panels need very little maintenance and will continue to work even when the skies are cloudy. Rain is also a bonus as it help to keep your panels operating efficiently. The rain washes away dirt and dust, keeping the panels operating efficiently.
- Solar electricity advantages also include adaptability. Solar panels and tiles can be installed almost anywhere – whether on a house roof, a car port, at a factory, on a farm or even on the ground.